28 June 2007

This Morning

This morning there were ten people asleep in the floor of my apartment, because a pastor threatened to kill any white people that came back to the ministry where they were staying.

This morning I drove by a church that charges poor people money to pray blessings and healing for them.

This morning I walked past prostitutes that were working amidst piles of burning garbage.

This morning I had men ask if they could buy the white girls that were with me.

This morning I saw a little naked boy covered in dirt standing alone and crying in the road.

This morning I saw a fourteen year old girl who has HIV, syphilis, and several other STD's because her parents forced her into prostitution at the age of eight.

This morning I saw her smile and throw a water balloon at another child.

This morning I saw my friend pick up the little naked, dirty, crying boy and make it all better.

This morning the child that had just been hit by a water balloon gave me a hug and held my hand.

This morning a two year-old orphan walked up to me and gave me a piece of her candy.

This morning we got dirty.

...but this morning nobody noticed it because of all the love.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Eli,
Keep up the good work. Be stong in the Lord. I love you and am proud of you.
Love,
Dad

mj said...

Eli your Mom just let me read a note from you. As usual you write a great note. So happy you have a truck no matter how it drivers, sounds etc. Today she and Connie came out to the "River" to visit. It was just to short. They were going to Crazy Donkey to eat tonight. MJ

avaDarlene said...

that was incredible incredibly beautiful.
thankyou for helping channel and spread that love.

-Darlene on Razoo (trash dump communities, NICA HOPE, Love Light and Melody, Manna, etc)