18 October 2008

Thank you, God

Thanks for my life and the way it is playing out. Thanks for 29 years of Your mercy. Thanks for sending me to Nicaragua. Thanks for making it hard on me sometimes so that I see how good You are when it gets better. Thank you for the family I came from. Thank you for the family that I will start with You as the head that I don't even know yet. Thank you for my friends that have helped me make where You sent me home. Thanks for the Bible...it's a really good book. You did a lot of really cool things that they wrote down in it. I'm glad it's not fiction...it makes my life more fun to know that You did all those things and You do not change and will still do them for me today! Thanks for making trees...I really like them and the wood that comes from them. Thank you for Andrea (show us all Your will as to where she fits in my life) and how much she has taught me about You.

Thank you for not expecting me to earn my way toward you.
Thank you for understanding me as I am and being cool with the fact I can never repay you.
Thanks for Jesus.

Love you,
Eli

3 comments:

katdish said...

Regardless of SCL's cubicle rating system, in my book "6 paintings done by children that live in a garbage dump" wins hand down. Especially since they were gifts to you from children whose lives you have affected with the love of Christ. I think that's pretty awesome.

I am thankful for you and others like you who "walk the walk" and make a conscious decision to die to themselves every day so that others might know the sacrificial love of Jesus not just through words, but through actions. God bless you.

Les Valets said...

Thank you. You may not know how much the encouragement of strangers means. I needed that today.

To be perfectly honest though, I bought the paintings to support the art program at their school :-)

katdish said...

Oh, well. That's just like me to assume that they were gifts. But still, very awesome.